GADS error: Connecting to Google App Server using admin credentials…

  • Profile photo of Karl Rivers
    Keymaster
    Karl Rivers on #6891

    I’m getting the following error when using administrator credentials to test the connection between Google Apps Directory Sync (GADS) and Google Apps.

    Connecting to Google App Server using admin credentials…
    Error: Connection failed
    Exception: Unable to Log-in to the service

    All the login details are correct and I can otherwise connect to the Internet. It just stopped working.

    Profile photo of Karl Rivers
    Keymaster
    Karl Rivers on #6944

    Quick update on this!

    The problem was that we weren’t using the very latest version of GADS. The latest version has remove the ability to authenticate with an administrator username and password — you now have to use OAuth.

    Hope this helps someone!

    Profile photo of Jorgen Rignell
    Participant
    Jorgen Rignell on #6952

    I am having the exact same issue, I have updated GADS to 4.0.3, but when I try to reauthorize using OAuth I am getting this error message:

    Connecting to Google App Server using OAuth…
    Error: Connection failed
    Exception: Unable to login

    Any suggestions?

    Profile photo of Karl Rivers
    Keymaster
    Karl Rivers on #6953

    Hi Jorgen,

    Updating GADS and then specifying the SSL proxy worked for me. It says you don’t need it but by entering the SSL information — even thought it’s the same as the standard setttings — worked for me.

    Profile photo of Jorgen Rignell
    Participant
    Jorgen Rignell on #6954

    But I am not running any proxy so I cannot add that info.

    Profile photo of Karl Rivers
    Keymaster
    Karl Rivers on #6955

    Hmmm. It’s not that then!

    Have you logged a call with Google Support? They’re usually very good.

    Profile photo of Jorgen Rignell
    Participant
    Jorgen Rignell on #6956

    Yes, just finished logging a case at Google support, hoping to solve this as quick as possible.

    Profile photo of Karl Rivers
    Keymaster
    Karl Rivers on #6957

    Awesome. Let me know how you get on. This thread’s getting loads of hits through Google Searches at the moment, so it may be a common problem.

    Profile photo of Jorgen Rignell
    Participant
    Jorgen Rignell on #6958

    Sure, I will do that!
    And if you or anyone else have some news regarding this, please update this thread!

    Profile photo of ipeacocks
    Participant
    ipeacocks on #6959

    The same problem for me today. Cant auth to Google through GADS.

    Profile photo of mikeroberts
    Participant
    mikeroberts on #6960

    We are also seeing the same issue that started yesterday.

    Connecting to Google App Server using OAuth…
    Error: Connection failed
    Exception: Unable to login

    Profile photo of hlewis
    Participant
    hlewis on #6961

    Hello,

    I’m seeing the same error as above. it began somewhere between 8:00pm and 10:00pm EST last night. Thought it was our firewall at first! I won’t call Google yet since others have called.

    Holly

    Profile photo of mikeroberts
    Participant
    mikeroberts on #6962

    Called Google Apps Support – it’s a known issue!

    After reviewing the information you provided, we believe that you may be affected by a known issue. This is a high priority issue that we’re working to resolve as soon as possible. Here are some details about the issue:

    Description:
    We’re investigating an issue where customers can’t authorize GADS.

    How to diagnose:
    You will see authorization errors when running a GADS sync. When trying to authorize GADS, you will see an error saying “Connection failed” and “Exception: Unable to login”.

    Logs may show errors like “google.usersyncapp.plugin.google.GoogleAuthenticationException: Unable to login” or like this:
    {
    “error”: {
    “errors”: [
    {
    “domain”: “global”,
    “reason”: “authError”,
    “message”: “Invalid Credentials”,
    “locationType”: “header”,
    “location”: “Authorization”
    }
    ],
    “code”: 401,
    “message”: “Invalid Credentials”
    }
    }

    Workaround:
    There’s no workaround at this time – we are still investigating the issue.

    Profile photo of Karl Rivers
    Keymaster
    Karl Rivers on #6963

    Thanks for the update Mike. Good to know it’s being worked on. Let us know when it’s fixed for you.

    Profile photo of sha
    Participant
    sha on #6965

    Also have the same problem. But if im using powershell ./upgrade-config -Oauth Google_Apps_domain_name -c config_file_name… It show successful but.. if I open the config file… there is nothing changes. Any update please let me know.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.